UPS MODULYS XL
The MODULYS XL is a modular UPS based on 200 kW power modules. The power of a single UPS unit can be increased up to 1200 kW and the system can include up to 4 units in parallel.
The innovative MODULYS XL concept allows for the constant protection of the load in online mode, whether to respond to load growth or to manage all aspects of the system’s lifecycle, in a secure way and with impressive rapidity.
Associated with a variety of adapted Services, the MODULYS XL provides unprecedented availability and flexibility to fulfil the requirements of today’s highly critical applications.
3 standard bricks for your very own system
- UPS configurations based on 3 standard bricks for a simplified installation process.
- Repeatable and standardised assets to meet different configuration and architectural requirements.
- An adjustable number of empty power slots to match different scalability and redundancy needs.
- Complete UPS customisation without modifying the core standardised bricks.
- Quality, simplicity of construction and ease of operation.
- Power module addition or removal in only 5 minutes by one person.
- Simple and safe power module plug-in: no power or communication bus cabling required.
- Load fully protected in double conversion mode during the power extension or module swap.
- Hot-scale and swap process in incremental steps of 200 kW to reduce time and optimise costs.
- Automatic power module self-configuration and testing before connection.
- Firmware auto-alignment.
- No installation rework when a new capacity is required.
- Off-powered connection of the power module to prevent electrical arcing upon plug-in and plug-out.
Safe and easy deployment
- Specifically engineered to eliminate unexpected installation errors.
- Easy power slot positioning and perfect alignment including on uneven floors.
- Power slots with pre-engineered built-in bus bars for quick, easy and clean interconnections.
- A full frontal access installation so the UPS can be installed against a wall.
- The power slots set up during the installation stage are ready for future hot plug-in power modules.
- Safe and easy power module handling.
- Full system heat-run test capability during commissioning without the need for an external load bench.
Concurrent and risk-free maintenance
- Concurrent maintenance of all components.
- Safe power module maintenance - outside of the running system.
- Both the power modules and the static bypass can be maintained while the load remains fully protected in double conversion mode.
- No in-situ maintenance, service or repair that may jeopardise the running system.
- Fully extractable power modules and subassemblies and complete access to all components, reducing the MTTR.
- Built-in means to perform an exhaustive pre-test after the module’s maintenance.
Flexible UPS architecture
- Hot-scalable power capability.
- Adjustable redundancy level.
- Common or separated rectifier and bypass mains.
- Compatible with different energy storage technologies (e.g. Li-Ion, Ni-Cd...).
Standard electrical features
- Separated inputs (rectifier, bypass).
- Top or bottom cable entry.
- Backfeed protection: detection circuit.
- Redundant bypass cooling.
- Distributed batteries (1 per module).
- Battery temperature sensor.
- Module heat-run test (without dummy load bench).
- Full system heat run test (without dummy load bench).
- 63 A three-phase plug.
- Input, output and maintenance bypass switches.
- 3-wire bypass and output distribution kit.
- PEN kit for TN-C grounding system.
- 4-wire rectifier (neutral connection kit).
- Shared batteries (1, 2 or 3 per unit).
- Enhanced battery charger.
- Battery tripping kit.
- Unit parallelisation kit.
- Redundant electronic power supplies.
- BCR (Battery Capacity Re-injection).
- ACS synchronisation system.
- Cold start.
- Top roof.
Standard communication features
- User-friendly 7” touch-screen multilingual colour graphic display (Power Hub).
- Tricolour display with a number indicating the Power Module status (Power Slot).
- 2 slots for communication options.
- USB port to download the UPS reports and log files.
- Ethernet port for service purposes.
- Dry-contact interface (configurable, voltage-free contacts).
- MODBUS RTU RS485 or MODBUS TCP.
- PROFIBUS / PROFINET gateway.
- BACnet/IP interface.
- NET VISION: professional WEB/SNMP Ethernet interface for secure UPS monitoring and remote automatic shutdown.
- REMOTE VIEW PRO supervision software.
- IoT gateway for Socomec cloud services and the SOLIVE UPS mobile app.
- Remote touch-screen panel.
- Additional Com-slot extension.
Remote monitoring and cloud services
- LINK-UPS: remote monitoring service that allows to monitor your UPS by specialists 24 hours a day.
- SOLIVE UPS: mobile app to monitor all your UPS systems from a smartphone.
- Data centres
A modular UPS system designed for simplicity
The flexibility of a tailored solution combined with the advantages of standardised assets: MODULYS XL can be fine-tuned to the precise requirements of any electrical infrastructure. This approach saves time and money during both the project design and its deployment – with the option to pay as you go.
Power HUB for the UPS Unit
- Power HUB for the UPS Unit
- Up to 1200 kVA/kW.
- Input, output and battery connections to the UPS unit.
- Remote communication interfaces.
- User interface.
- Full rated centralized static bypass.
- 63 A three-phase plug for advanced maintenance services.
- For 200 kVA/kW plug-in Power Module.
- Pre-engineered built-in bus bars interconnection between the Power Hub and the others Power Slots.
- Pre-connected communication bus.
- Rated for 200 kVA/kW permanent operating.
- Single and full rated rectifier, inverter and battery charger.
- Static bypass - inverter part.
- Selective disconnection (contactors and fuses) at input and output stages.
- Local battery disconnection switch.
- Patented plug-in system (power and control) to connect to the Unit.
Flexible power & scalability
- A flexible combination of power slots to address different needs.
- Installation of the power slots at the initial stage allows for quick and safe scalability.
- A power increase to meet changing capacity demands.
- The load is fully protected in double conversion mode during power extensions and maintenance.