Batteries FIAMM SMG RANGE (OPzV, 12V)
FIAMM SMG TUBULAR GEL RANGE IS DESIGNED FOR APPLICATIONS WHERE PERFORMANCE AND OPERATING CONDITIONS ARE CRITICAL. THEY ARE MAINTENANCE-FREE AND COMBINE THE BENEFITS OF A GELLED ELECTROLYTE WHICH PROVIDES LONGER LIFE AND A WIDER TEMPERATURE OPERATING RANGE.
The SMG range is made up of 2 V cells and 12 V blocks. The 2 V cells conform to international OPzV standards DIN 40742 norm. The range is constructed to provide a high level of robustness and is designed for applications where charge-discharge cycles have to be guaranteed with reliability. The range is maintenance-free with a low self-discharge characteristic for periods when batteries may be stored or off float charge. The SMG 2 V cell range can be installed horizontally in dedicated racks saving valuable space. The range is fully eco-friendly with all components being fully recyclable. 12 V front terminal design permits an easy Installation.
- The positive tubular grid is composed of a special alloy (Pb-Sn-Ca) which is die-cast to guarantee high corrosion resistance.
- The electrolyte is immobilized into GEL structure due to a special silica binding addition.
- Separators have extremely high porosity and provides very low internal resistance.
- ABS cases flame retardant and classified to UL94 V0 with LOI >28% standard for 12V and available on request for 2V cells.
- The vent plug comprises an exhaust valve and porous flameproof disc for a superior safety.
- The metallic threaded insert on terminals ensure the highest conductivity and provides maximum torque retention and easy installation.
- The connecting bolt is fully insulated but with probe hole on the top to grant electrical measurements (2V only).
The unique Fiamm terminal design of the 2 V cell permits pillar growth during cell life without leakage. These features avoid mechanical stress on the lid of the cell. The gel electrolyte structure slows the drying out of the cell ensuring an18 year design life for 2 V cells and 15 years for 12 V batteries. Low self-discharge allows 6 months shelf life.Accessories
- RVS (remote venting system) only for 12 V
- Racks for battery installation (standard and anti-seismic)
- Cabinets for battery installation
- Battery monitoring systems
- DIN 40742 – specification OPzV cells (2V)
- DIN 43539T5 – deep discharge
- IEC 60896 Part 21 – VRLA testing methods
- IEC 60896 Part 22 – VRLA requirements
- Eurobat Guide “Very Long Life” >12 years
- UL recognized (12V)
- ISO 9001 - Quality Management System
- ISO 14001- Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001 - Workplace Safety & Health
- Float Voltage: 2.25 V/cell at 20°C
- Boost Voltage: 2.40 V/cell
- Float Voltage Compensation with Temperature: -2.5 mV/cell/°C
- Self-Discharge at 20°C: <2%/month
- Industrial UPS
- Utility and industry
- Oil and gas
- Renewable energy